Volume One of the Sanctum of the Archmage Saga
NOTE: Dawn of Chaos is temporarily unavailable while the first volume of the saga is edited for re-release as a trilogy (Prologue to Chaos, Hellgate, and Aftermath). It will eventually be re-published as a compilation volume under the its previous name, Dawn of Chaos.
Second Edition: Published June 2017
Third Edition: Coming Fall 2018
A new constitution prepares Carlissa for an era of enlightenment. The harsh traditions of the past fade, and a promise of freedom stirs the air.
In the space of one terrifying day, that promise is shattered in a bloodbath of fire and magic.
Thousands of years ago, an epic battle was fought between good and evil. The demon lords had opened a door to the realms of hell itself, and their horde threatened to overrun the earth. But the Kalarans, led by the hero Calindra, destroyed their hellgate and drove them from the world.
The Great War has long since been lost to myth and legend. The Church struggles for relevance as the people forget their covenant with the gods. A renaissance of freedom and learning stirs the air in the modern age of Carlissa, led by the royal family, and the wisdom of the Archmage.
All of that comes to an end when a dome of shimmering magic appears in the capital city. In the chaos that follows, the people fight desperately for survival, and wonder bitterly why the gods seem to have abandoned them. Their only hope lies with the magic of the Archmage — and his, with a young princess who never wanted to rule. She must find the strength to set aside her bard’s calling and take up a battle against impossible odds, or surrender her land and people to the Black Magus and his demons.
Dawn of Chaos finally brings the award-winning Sanctum of the Archmage role-playing games to the world of fantasy fiction. Buy it now and don’t miss this exciting first volume in the saga!
Dawn of Chaos will be the first volume in the Sanctum of the Archmage Saga. It is currently available here on the Amazon Kindle store. Prologue to Chaos, which introduces the saga, is also currently available from the Amazon Kindle Store.
Outline (for the Third Edition)
Part I – Prologue to Chaos
- Chapter 1 – Prologue to Chaos
- Chapter 2 – Inquisition on Trial
- Chapter 3 – The City of Rainbows
- Chapter 4 – The Calm Before the Storm
- Chapter 5 – The Storm Breaks
Part II – Hellgate
- Prologue – The Legend of the Defender
- Chapter 1 – The Return of the Horde
- Chapter 2 – The King’s Magic
- Chapter 3 – The Better Part of Valor
- Chapter 4 – The Hunt Begins
- Chapter 5 – A Brief Respite
- Chapter 6 – The Ring of the Killravens
- Chapter 7 – Quest of the Archmage
- Chapter 8 – A Hope of Escape
- Chapter 9 – The Hammer Falls
- Chapter 10 – The Diaspora
- Chapter 11 – Treason in the Palace
- Chapter 12 – The Massacre of Lannamon
- Chapter 13 – Hero’s Refrain
- Chapter 14 – A Fight for their Lives
- Chapter 15 – Last Hope
- Chapter 16 – The End of the Beginning
- Chapter 17 – Heart of Steel
- Chapter 18 – The Terrible Truth
- Chapter 19 – The Last Stand
- Chapter 20 – The New Order
Part III – Aftermath
- Prologue – The Warning
- Chapter 1 – The Black Magus
- Chapter 2 – Homecomings
- Chapter 3 – The Seeds of the Rebellion
- Chapter 4 – The Muster of the Elves
- Chapter 5 – The Headmaster’s Last Student
- Epilogue – Oath of Vengeance
- About the Author
- Preview: Wrath of the Peregrine King
Copyright Notice. Copyright 2016, all rights reserved.